Ask the Doctors: October 2016

When I had a heart attack, I was treated with angioplasty and a stent. Why didnt they give me a clot-buster, like they did my husband? Ive used niacin and a statin for years to control my lipid levels. At my last visit, my doctor told me that the FDA no longer recommends niacin. Why? My daughter has endometriosis. Why would her gynecologist advise her to see a cardiologist?
To continue reading this article you must be a paid subscriber

Subscribe to Heart Advisor

Get the next year of Heart Advisor for just $20. And access all of our online content - over 2,000 articles - free of charge.
Subscribe today and save 38%. It's like getting 5 months FREE!